Get better value with flexible authoring options
Totara gives you the best of both worlds, a solution that covers both authoring and learning management, and allows you to use your favorite authoring tools.
- Combine instructor-led, self-paced learning, and social for a blended approach, all in a single course.
- Flexible options; roles and permissions, course progression, group based activities. You have the power.
Develop your people with Learning Plans
Show all the learning, competencies, and objectives employees are working on now, their upcoming deadlines, what is mandatory, and what to prioritize. Learners monitor their progress and directly access learning activities from their plan.
- Manage the process with approval workflows, comment boxes, and notifications.
- Set-up is easy with learning plan templates to structure the workflow between learners and their managers.
Managing compliance, certifications and programs of learning.
Totara makes managing regulatory compliance simple.
- Define and manage the structure of certifications and recertification paths. Set expiration dates.
- Edit notification templates to automatically send custom messages.
- Run reports on the compliance status of every person in your organization. Track upcoming expirations and progress toward certification renewals.
Certifications are also integrated with our program management system enabling your team to rapidly build learning paths by grouping courses together into logical sequences and setting the timing between them.
- Assign certification and programs to individual learners or in bulk, by organization, position, or audience.
- Create and export reports on their progress and completions.
Getting down to earth with Seminar Manager
Synchronous, face-to-face learning remains a highly-effective training method even in the most modern of enterprises. And while this form of learning is as old as human history, you need a sophisticated tool to organize and manage the training, schedules, rosters, notifications and attendance tracking across your enterprise.
- Add custom fields to sessions for improved administration. Select from a broad range of notification types or create your own for each learning event.
- Publish in the training calendar for improved visibility.
- Set management approvals.
- Track and report on interest, registrations and attendance for each event.
On the move with Mobile Learning
- Out-of-the-box Totara products are designed to be fully responsive – meaning the user interface will adjust seamlessly depending on what device you are using; desktops, laptops, tablets or smartphones.
- Mobile apps are also available through our partner network that can be extended or fully-branded to harmonize with the look and feel of your LMS.
Learner focused Catalogs
Let’s face it. The way you present your catalog of learning opportunities is very different from the way it needs to structured for the team managing and delivering them. Our solution: we give you two interconnected catalogs, making it simple to promote and also efficiently manage enterprise learning.
Motivate with Badges
Badges are a simple yet very effective way of accrediting and gamifying learning. Assign badges with any number of criteria such as completing an activity, a course or a set of courses, or passing an assessment.
Use badges to achieve a wide range of operational objectives:
- Flexible, visual, recognition of performance
- Talent pools – identify pools of talent and specialists quickly and easily
- Motivate teams – badges build reputation amongst peers, and motivate learners to go that extra step
- Extended enterprise – badges enable companies to innovate with their networks, build trust and promote the brand with learning managed across the extended enterprise in a valid and verifiable way.
Powerful tools to manage employee performance.
- Conduct appraisals
- Discussion, feedback and analysis between managers and employees
- Align performance with personal and company goals
Connect high level goals at the organizational level with detailed objectives at the individual level using a flexible tiered approach.
Getting smart with Appraisals
Conducting appraisals is a core business practice. As with all of Totara’s features, we deliver flexibility to this central process.
- Generate checklists or questions for the assessments
- Seamlessly assign forms to selected groups, define stages for when the forms need to be complete and send out reminders.
- Monitor progress at any time. Staff can share status updates. Managers see how appraisals are proceeding and follow up when appropriate.
The full picture – 360 Feedback
360 Degree Feedback helps managers ask a wider group of participants for feedback ensuring a more holistic review of staff member performance.
Skills and Competencies
It’s simple to build competency based learning and performance frameworks in Totara Learn.
- Create multiple competency frameworks, with and without hierarchies.
- Map competencies to positions, organizations, and courses.
- Competencies automatically appear in learning plans to users assigned to those positions and organizations.
- Link courses to competencies to automatically populate learning plans.
Regular team performance check-ins help keep your teams working like a well-oiled machine.
- Dashboard provides up-to-date information about team activity
- Tasks section advises the manager on tasks team members must complete
- Statistics reporting provides high-level team info and trends
- Managers can approve and deny learning event requests
- One-click access to team members’ learning plans, user profiles, course bookings and progress records.
- See info on courses and competencies started and achieved.
- Create, update, delete and approve learning plans.
- Allocate new courses, competencies and objectives to learning plans.
One size does not fit all. Flexibility is key.
- Use the power of Report Builder to build custom reports from predefined report sources.
- Report Builder enables personalization with customized search filters and column selections.
- Assign pre-built or custom reports to any system role.
- Filter reports by organization, position or user information.
- Scheduled reports can be sent via email at specified times.
- Export reports in a variety of common formats.
Getting creative with custom look and feel
Your instructional design team has created or sourced amazing looking and highly-engaging e-learning content. Your LMS should look and feel just as great, right? Move beyond the rigid constructs common with other learning management systems. Give your workforce a truly unique and memorable learning experience with Totara Learn.
Create a fully-responsive environment suited to any sized device with the advantage of HTML5.
Configure different menus and look and feel for each Audience.
Create custom learner catalogues.
Talking your language
Totara is translated into many of the world’s languages, including Arabic. Plus it’s easy to customise a language when you want localised terminology. Speak Pirate anyone?
Target with Audiences
Have you got different groups of employees, contractors, customers, partners and distributors – all with specific and evolving training requirements? You need an effective way to target these audiences.
- Define, edit, and manage user groups using unlimited combinations of rules built on your organisation’s dynamic HR, CRM, and ERP data.
- Define Audiences based on key events within the system, such as completions and logins.
- You can even define Audiences based on other Audiences!
Represent your world with flexible Hierarchies
Hierarchies store your company’s entire organisation and job structure, so you can manage learning, drill down within reports, and control access to reporting data.
- Browse, search, and select from these hierarchies to define audiences, assign certifications and programs.
- Create reports for any level in the organisation.
- Connect HR Sync to your HR system and get your hierarchies updated automatically each day.
Integration across the enterprise
To better manage and develop your talent, it’s essential your LMS connects with key business information systems. Maximise your return on investment and minimise your data entry tasks with HR Sync.
- People, position and organisation data will regularly be updated automatically from your HR system.
- Your CRM is another example of a business information system that’s good to have ‘talk’ to your LMS. Products and services are constantly changing – your extended enterprise needs training. Totara Partners have extensive experience with a large number of enterprise HR and CRM systems including PeopleSoft, SAP, and Salesforce integrations.
Getting it together with Single Sign-On and Web Services
Totara Learn helps you streamline your user experience through integration with all major enterprise Single Sign On (SSO) standards including SAML, LDAP, NTLM and Shibboleth. Totara Learn also accommodates any custom system integration through Web Services using protocols such as REST, SOAP, XMLRPC, JSON and AMF. And because Totara LMS is open source, you’re free to customise the application and write new functions to do exactly what your organisation needs. If you need help, our Partners are on hand to assist with any technical expertise. Totara Learn – a true team player.
Freedom to Learn
Totara Learn is a flexible, open learning management system (LMS) that gives organisations like yours the freedom to learn. Deliver training and performance appraisals anywhere, anytime. Improve engagement, ensure compliance, and achieve breakthrough results across your organisation and extended enterprise.
1. Freedom to Innovate
A learning technologies customer is not a consumer. You are a creator, producer, problem-solver, innovator. Open innovation is empowering. Create the platform you want, rather than being forced to compromise. Adapt to changing circumstances and future-proof your investment. Be true to your mission.
2. Freedom of Choice
With Totara it’s not ‘one-size-fits-all’; it’s ‘what solution suits you?’ Our global community of solution providers offers you a real choice of value-added expertise. You get all the freedom, flexibility and benefits of Totara with the attentiveness and personalised service of your chosen partner. Unlike others, we think customer freedom is a good thing.
3. Freedom to invest where it counts
Get rid of expensive software licensing and locked-down contracts. Save up to 80% of the total cost of ownership compared to other leading enterpriseclass learning platforms. Maximize your budget and invest where it really counts – your learners.
4. Freedom to Learn
Learning experience design (LX Design) starts with understanding your learners, their context, what they want to achieve, and putting them at the centre of the learning experience. Totara’s open, flexible framework enables you to create engaging learning experiences, deliver seamless on-brand environments, improve teamwork, manage regulatory compliance, and far beyond.